Adam Colby comes across a lot of property as part of his estate-sale business; but when he comes across six decades of postcards at the Alexander estate, his interest is piqued. Through the postcards and interviews with their housekeeper’s daughter, Colby comes to know the Alexanders. Still mourning his failed marriage, Colby wants to figure out the secret to Gabe and Huck’s happy marriage. He traces their relationship from its inception to their final moments together, and makes several discoveries in the process.
What a great book! This books has several overtones of The Notebook, where a husband and wife share a great and pure love. It is the story of the kind of love everyone hopes for and searches for, but is rarely attained. The story of a love that is so beautiful, it hurts your heart a little to read about it.
I loved the way this story is woven together, giving readers small glimpses of the main story, but takes its time to reveal all the secrets. I also like the way that Lewis gives an honest look into the relationship of the Alexander couple; they make mistakes that married couples do, but their love grows deeper because of their attachment to each other.
Overall, this is one of the best books I’ve read this year. It is such a beautiful story! If you are a fan of Nicholas Spark’s style of writing, you will love this book. If you love romance and are a believer in true love, you must add this book to your library! I can’t recommend it highly enough.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
For more information about the book, please check out the links below:
- Forever Friday by Timothy Lewis (speedreaderreviews.wordpress.com)
- Review: Forever Friday by Timothy Lewis (5020genesis.wordpress.com)
- Book Review of “Forever Friday” by Timothy Lewis (markdoreenstewart.wordpress.com)
- “Forever Friday” by Timothy Lewis (fushiacat.wordpress.com)
- “Forever Friday” by Timothy Lewis (hhill130.wordpress.com)
- Forever Friday by Timothy Lewis (godsgirl4life2.wordpress.com)
- Forever Friday by Timothy Lewis (gradeabookaholic.wordpress.com)
- Forever Friday (thewritelife2.wordpress.com)
- Forever Friday: A Novel by Timothy Lewis – A Review (beverlylynnt.wordpress.com)
- Forever Friday by Timothy Lewis (readfulthingsblog.com)